Dr. U Lun Gywe
1930 :Born on 24th of September,1930 by U Ba Khaing and Daw Own Thwin in Yangon. Alternative name in young age as Nyi Nyi.
1940 :Took interest in art ever since 10 years of age. Use to sketch on the back of the schools of books till the lecture pages and the drawings met in the middle of the book.
1936-41 :Studied and post-primary education in Yangon.
1942 :Refuged to Mu Don, Maw La Myaing from Yangon during WWII as a refugee. Studied at Shin Arahan Post-primary School and Old AVM Post-primary Missionary school.
1947 :Invested himself in Art right after finishing 7th grade of education. Studied water color art under watercolorist U Chit Maung in Yangon.
1947-1948 :Studied poster art under mentor U Thar Lwin and under mentor U Hla Maung in Maw La Myaing.
1948-1953 :Started drawing posters, advertisement arts,signboards and car metal plates in Mu Don along with the 1-year business of photography.
1954-1955 :Studied art theories as an art apprentice under mentor U Thet Win.
1955-1957 :Started working as a child art mentor at AVM Post-primary school.
1958 :Was voted as an art mentor position for 1 year before reelected as a permanent art mentor at State School of Fine Art,Yangon.
1958-1959 :Painted the life of the very first head monk who lived at Jone Jone Kya Taw Ya monastery,Mu Don.
1958-1963 :Met another mentor U Thein Han at SSFA who was the student of Great Artist U Ba Nyan.Got a great chance of living with him and studied Fine Art in wide scope from U Thein Han.
1962-64 : Selected as the permanent member artist by the board of judges of the Literature and Art exhibition(Sarbay Bateman) and became a well-known fine art arist.
1964-65 : Studied eastern art and oil medium methods at Central Art Institute, Peking, Republic of China for 2 years as a cultural exchange student. Became fluent with the Chinese art workmanships afterwards.
1968 : Lectured the Art association of Art and Science university together with U Thein Han from 1968 till 1979.
1972 : Studied restoration art of Impression paintings East Berlin, German for 1 year as a cultural exchange student and became familiar with the Impressionism.
1977 : Worked as a head mister of YSSFA and conducted the 25th ceremony of YSSFA successfully.
1979 : Retired from Yangon State School of Fine Arts.
1980-1987 : Managed the annual show room of the Ministry of resources and Myanmar Jewelry Corporation.
1987 : Established the Golden Velley Art Centre, Yanagon together with U Myint Lwin (Artist Tazar Lin).
1989-90 : Depicted Buddha’s History of 3 rooms in Shwedagon Pagoda compound.
1990 : Worked as an art instructor for the foreign community in Yangon. (1990-97).
1991 : Painted the Victory of Buddha over Mara at Mahar Wizaya pagoda, Yangon.
1990-1998 : Started out as a member artist at Golden Velley Art Centre and exhibited the artworks and became full time artist.
1999 : Established Artist Life Art Gallery in November with family.
2002 :Depicted 30 artworks of Buddha’s history all around the inner part of the Shwedagon pagoda replica in Kushinaga, India.
1999-2019 :Holding many solo and annual art exhibitions at ALAG till now.
Favourite Medium _ Oil, Acrylic, Water Color, Charcoal, Pastel
- Graduated with distionction of Eastern Art in the People’s Rebuplic of China (1964).
- Award of Honour, Niagarafrontier.
- Watercolor Society, New York U.S.A (1990)
- Doctors of letter (Honoris Causa) by National University of Art and Culture, (Minestry of Culture)(2014)
- Pride of Myanmar , award for susess in Art, the whole day chief minister of Yangon Region (2019 Feb)
- Studied Eastern Art in the People,s Republic of China(1964)
- Restoration of painting East Germany (1972)
- Prize Winner, Watercolor contest, New York (1992)
- “Gallery Watch” Tasmania
- ”Golden Flight” Magazine, Air Mandalay(1995)
- “Asia Business” Magazine(1995)
- Art Show at the Hotel International, Singapore(Oct,1995)
- Asian Art News July/Aug (2001)
- Vol.48.April/May (2006)
- International Artist Magazine.
Solo Exhibition In Local
- Solo Show National Museum, Yangon, Myanmar,24th Jan to Feb, 2nd 2000
- 75 years old life, Diamond Jubilee Art Exhibition (2005)(Artist Life Art Gallery)
- Blossom of Spring Art Exhibition 2006 (Yangon)
- 80 Years Old Life, Special Solo Show (Yangon)(Artist Life Art Gallery)
- My Golden Dancer (2012) (Yangon).
- Donation, Watercolor Exhibition (2013)(Yangon).
- 85 Years Old Life, special watercolor show(Artist Life Art Gallery) (2015)
- 86 Years Old life special solo show (2016) (Artist Life Art Gallery)
- The Grand Collections Art Exhibition (2018, May).(Artist Life Art Gallery)
- The Glorious Old Bagan, Special Water Colour Show(2018) (Artist Life Art Gallery)
- Golden Descendant Art Exhibition, Grand Father& Grand Daughter (July,2019)(Mercure Hotel, Yangon)
Family Art Exhibition
- The 1st Grand Art Stream,(Lun Family Art Exhibition)((2007, Yangon)( U Lun Gywe, Wife, Son, Daughter in law, Grand Daughter, Grand Son)
- The 2nd Grand Art Stream (Lun Family Art Exhibition) ( 2009,Yangon)
- The 3rd Grand Art Stream (Lun Family Art Exhibition) ( 2010,Yangon)
- The 4th Grand Art Stream (Lun Family Art Exhibition) ( 2011,Yangon)
- The 5th Grand Art Stream (Lun Family Art Exhibition) ( 2017,Yangon)
- Lun Mya Mya (Wife)
- Lun Thitt (Son)
- Lun Kyaw Yee (Daughter in Law)
- Lun Pann Che (Grand Daughter)
- Lun Moe Yan (Grand Son)
(a) Grandpa and Grand Daughter Art Exhibition (2004,Yangon)
(b) Smell and Breeze of amazing Chaung Tha Sea Beach Special Water Exhibition)( Artist U Lun Gywe & Artist Lun Mya Mya)
Over Sea Solo Exhibitions
- Emerald Hill Studio, Singapore (2000)
- Thavibu Gallery Bangkok, Thailand( 2004)
- Tradition & Modernity in South east Asian Art Exhibition, New York, U.S.A (2006)
- Fragrance of Myanmar Arts (Art House, Singapore, 2006)
- The Heart Paintings, (Singapore,2009)
- Mini Art Exhibition (Singapore,2014)
- Art Fair in Tokyo, Japan (March,2017)
- Solo Exhibition Ginza, Tokyo, Japan(2017)
- Solo Exhibition Chienkuo Teachnology University, Changhua City, Taiwan (March, 2019)
- Solo Exhibition,Alley 97 Gallery, Taiwan (May,2019)
- Solo Exhibition Ginza, Tokyo, Japan(July, 2019)
- National Museum, Yangon, Myanmar
- National Art Museum, Malaysia
- National Art Museum, Singapore
Collection countries – U.S.A, England, France, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Hongkong, Taiwan, Japan, China, Brunei, India, New eland, Germany etc…
Art Book Publishing
(1) A Master Printer From Myanmar (Thavibu Gallery,2005)
(2) Artist U Thein Han and His Pupil Artist U Lun Gywe (Artist Life Art Gallery,2005)
(3) Artist Collection by Artist U Lun Gywe(Artist Life Art Gallery,2009)
(4) Feasting the femail form of U Lun Gywe(2011, Tharibn Gallery,BKK, Thailand)
(5) U Lun Gywe, Myanmar’s Famous Impressionist Artist (2014,Carmelites Framing & Gallery, Singapore)
(6) My Water Colour by U Lun Gywe (2016,Artist Life Art Gallery)